What is the Future of Politics?

What will be the ‘Future of Politics’?

This is the theme finale discussion centred around the Future of Politics, what will be the future of politics in the near, mid, and long-term?

A Huge thank you for those of you who took part and remember even though we will move to a new theme, you are more than welcome to continue discussing this compelling subject. Following this discussion, we will open the category for you to continue posting threads surrounding this subject.

So to go back to the theme question, given the pacing problem, AI-assisted cognitive technologies, the political ethics of AI use in government, the potential rise of the AI politician and The concept of decentralised autonomous political systems, just what exactly do you think the Future of Politics is?

#AGICHAT #futurism #artificialintelligence #debate #singularitynet #emergingtechnologies #futureofpolitics

2 Likes

The future of politics
I think there will be lesser talks around a subject. A promise won’t just eventually become true when elections are made. Focusing on the solution for a real world problem will have priority. Selected teams of humans and AI based on their capabilities rather than favoritism coming together and being selected on benchmarks of results.
The global economy being simulated more accurately than ever before will show what rather works and what dosen’t work. The overall amount of failures coming down shuld free resources that else would be lost compared to now.

2 Likes

I think it is imperative that we implement a new form of government in both the corporate and political world. Humans have proved their own failure within pre and post continuim technological era. As an American I don’t feel the need to cite a resent example in terms of both a morally and a pragmatically brokenhearted political skism.
Furthermore, as a young entrepreneur, I have found myself entangled in a legal catastrophe of my own unintended creation. In fact, my legal team just arrived this morning to force the audit of my own company -in which I am the 77% shareholder. We will be filling suit and setting new case precedent on Monday. As it stands currently, the laws surrounding a state statute are vague and need clarification. After my board was illegally taken over and I was subsequently locked out of ALL my bank accounts, the President that I salaried, is arguing that the board (which I should control) has the right to steal power from the shareholders (me). It has taken me three painful years to accumulate enough money (over 150k) to fight and take back what is rightfully mine.
I’m all for a new democratic and transparent process to avoid pitfalls such as my own. Aaand here’s my legal team so I gotta run…

Ps.Big thanks to Singularitynet Team for your thought provoking work. You guys ROCK!!!

1 Like

Nice, I just found out my Board of Directors voted to make my company an S-corp without my consent! I owe millions in taxes :rofl::+1::rofl:

1 Like

It’s sad to hear the situation you run in. Let’s hope everything goes fine for you at the end. Thank you for your thoughts and insight in our SingularityNet Community.
I always say: Smart peoples have more than one chance in life. Just take good care of yourself and when you reach a point where you are sure nothing will possibly help then part with the past behind you and try a new beginning.

1 Like

Maybe Snet can help with temporal corporate voting rights?!! :sunny:

With a Votingsystem, Smartcontract and the help of AI everything is possible. If one of your future projects includes to speed up adoption of such a possibility in to your management, then you wont be disappointed i imagine.:wink::+1:

1 Like

Do you mean accumulative counting?

Blockchain.

AI lawyer’s would do alot of social good. Even AI judges… but then for jurors- how do you define/redefine “peers.”

1 Like

Our peers are our fellow citizens. Seen Mattamost?

I searched Mattamost and found no results. So no.

Some thoughts:

• imo, integrating blockchain with an e-voting system (similar the one in Estonia) will pave a road to direct democracy (similar to the one in Switzerland), making a parliament obsolete. A parliament is anyway a product from the history when you had to delegate someone from you region to go to the “Big City” and vote on behalf of you region because you didn’t have the means to go yourself or you didn’t have access to information to decide yourself how to vote. Now with access to Internet every body could be a Politician.

• There will be always people how don’t care about politics as much as other people, systems like “Proof-of-Authority” will be used by those people to delegate voting. The best thing about “Proof-of-Authority” is that you don’t have to wait 4 years if you don’t like the decision that your delegate is doing, you could delegate real experts for different kinds of issues, not just one guy like currently.

• A real expert could be an AI, an AI that can’t be lobbied or bribed.

4 Likes

ML with CNN for legal ai…

At the core, what people need is not politics. They need their needs to be heard and answered in term of access to services and products. And that, AI could be able to do it very efficiently in the future. Jacques Fresco spent his life to show how technology could be use for the benefit of everyone giving birth to a new civilisation beyond money and governments. AI should be able to offer the best experience of life to everyone and this can be done by short cutting a lots of intermediaries.

1 Like

With Trump as a template at home & abroad for authoritarian populism & ethnic Nationalism around the world the reactionary period we’re going through makes the future look bleak indeed for sometime to come.

Instead of liberating us with greater convenience & efficiency while it draws us together as a single global boundless enterprise of progressive enlightenment, the internet precursor to the holocentric world brain holosphere of singularityNET resonance & harmony seems to have given rise to tribal bubbles of bot troll driven bullying fake news & incivility unleashing hoards of pent up primal angst against the growing wealth gap of automation bewildering powerlessness. More loneliness. More suicides. More mass murders. More guns. More hate. More division. More polarity. More alienation.

We must make a radical kick ass departure from this dark spellbinding stupor leading us to the ruin of fascist stagnation & present a laser clear vision of the oncoming AI into AGI as an alternative that WILL bring equality & justice, efficiency & convenience, enlightenment & freedom. With robots as our human companion. With ASI our vigilant defender. With blockchain DAO the easier, more critical path to take. We make this step first ourselves & leap to those futures as if our lives do indeed depend on the optimist scenario being our true salvation. If not, we’ll be swallowed alive by the FEAR of progress now crashing & chocking our civilization.

1 Like

I think as we move forward the increase in complexity will lead us to rely more and more on autonomous decision making.

I think this will also lead us toward a time where there is a move away from hard lined ideological ideas, as decisions will be made based upon facts and AI will be able to disseminate and follow consequences on orders of magnitude that we are as humans unable to do.

It is also likely that AI will then be able to tell us exactly why an action would be needed.

1 Like

Self regulation?

Public sector is still capitalism. So the future of politics is open distribution of capital.

1 Like

Want I want to see is something truly decentralized, not just decentralized on the blockchain. With open democracy, commercial platforms that don’t even allowing blocking of narcissistic users just doesn’t cut it for me. It’s one of the biggest subversions of open democracy out there.

The technology should be such that, even if some person emotionally manipulates me, there is no moderation to give out to people to misuse to begin with. So even if they were to have their own “Coup De Etat”.

Such scenarios are largely impossible because, because the machine checks everything every user does to make sure things are running in an orderly fashion, and gives users a heads for disturbing behavioral patterns that seem to be stacking the deck against users of the platform.

Obviously, the machine itself would have to be periodically fine tuned.

It seems like a lot of that would be the thing of the past, if things were really operated with each nodes being ran from a person’s own computer as well.

It seems like the first thing people think of is strong man dictators, but there are more subtle and insidious things I’ve experience, where Open Democratic voting systems are undermined by users that strong arm people behind the scenes, even if they never touch the platforms.

And we see similar issues with things like voter ID laws, where even if the machine itself is ran in an orderly fashion, it doesn’t matter if you never get to vote on the issue to begin with.

Which to me like Ben himself, is as good a reason as any not to lump all forms of surveillance under the same brush. The issue is far more complex than “All Surveillance Is Bad” like Stallman pronounces.