Create a company or foundation that turn slums of big and médium cities in Latin América, África and South east Asia into vibrant smart cities on the same level de Masdar City, Songdo , Vienna district, NEOM, Xiam etc

Foundation, start up to modernize slums in Latin América, África and South east Asia into vibrant smart cities like Songdo, Masdar City, google city at Toronto bay, Xiam etc…

2 Likes

There are lots of promising models for smart city transformation, for example Smart cities. There are good reference examples out there as well: Singapore is world's smartest city for the third year: IMD Smart City Index - and emerging tech that supports empowerment (example: https://www.city-chain.org/ ). Political and cultural lethargy is perhaps the hardest part to overcome.

2 Likes

But this is precisely where the role of technology and applied science in practice comes into play. If the people see in practice the benefits of using high technology in their daily lives, all the lethargy and stagnation of the rulers and themselves is undone. As a massive use of cutting-edge technology like the clinics I mentioned before, robotics, nanotechnology, advanced engineering, biotechnology, lethargy is broken in a few years and the project is unfolding at an incredible speed, I’m sure of it! . If they don’t, the super intelligence government probably will, you can write what I’m saying.

1 Like

For me, the “undoing” comes from bottom-up decentralization and mutual trust :slight_smile:

1 Like

Descentralization. Vou mean no governmental interference?

I like to think of a tactical path to the Goal of decentralization - the journey must have positive “governmental influence” at least, and have incremental, two-way trust. My thoughts are detailed at:

Where are your thoughts detailed Phil?. The luxury issue has been resolved in Songdo, South Korea - suction tubes suck all the city’s garbage to a recycling center where they are sorted and properly recycled - the whole process is done through artificial intelligence. Ultimate trust, the garbage problem is worse due to the eagerly eager consumption of plastic both in packaging and in all types of disposable plastic. There is already technology and even industries that manufacture utensils with biodegradable material that replace plastic. One of them is the Finnish startup sulapac The Finns are Probably Living Better Than You - YouTube 12:00
Uusi puu 2021 finalist: Aesthetically appealing and multi-functional biomaterial – Sulapac - YouTube. But this does not solved the trash problem once and for all if the government leaders does not ban the plastic consumptiom in industries and in population we will Just doing sisifus work, useless eforts!

2 Likes

For some reason, the links give an incomplete summary here in this Post… If you open the links in a new tab and scroll to the top of the original Post, you will find the original proposals and Use Cases. All work-in-progress though.
You are exactly right about the holistic approach and government engagement needed in any context, but the process must start with mutual trust and identity.

1 Like

For me, the links open normally.