Will An STO Make AGI Token Worthless?

If singularitynet makes another entity altogether, like singularitynet technologies, and the second entity makes a security token offering that allows investors ownership and dividends, will it render the AGI token effectively worthless??

1 Like

The utility of the AGI token should be derived from its increasing use on the SingularityNet platform. If Singularity Studio, which indeed has been created and announced, what you call Singularity Technologies, proceeded with an STO, those security tokens would only be valuable if the company became successful. And if it did, it would presumably do so through the use of the platform which would imply increased utility for the AGI token itself. As a consequence the success of Singularity Studio and its eventual security token will benefit the AGI token.

4 Likes

That might be tricky, at least in my case: I’m having trouble setting up the Singularity Net UI: with the ropsten network it stopped suddenly, and not sure how to generate new hashes for it.

Irrespective of the name it bears and the utility or security, more adoption drives prices of crypto projects and this can’t be an exemption.

The value of a utility is driven by different economic objectives and is valued by scarcity. The faucet valve.
Control of supply is a foundational governance mission. Supervisory council business… perhaps.

1 Like

aslong as agi is only traded on binance- binance will make this token worthless- i dot know why why nobody is speaking up about that.

I dont know why the SNET team thinks its cool that binance can just manipulate our investment as they please and it boggles my mind none on the team is speaking about that

1 Like

I’m more leering about the difficulty of having hardware that can mine it. I mean lets face it, unless you have resources that rival google, you’re probably not going to be able to do any mining that’s productive: so basing a voting system on the presence of a token, is limiting the voting to large power players.

It’s definitely not democratic, as the crypto currency world stands now.

I prefer finding ways to evolve beyond a need for currency, and have a decentralized cloud storage system that isn’t only useable by the very wealthy.

Now I do think skeptics of UBI sometimes forget the U in UBI. Though the promoters of the concept have themselves to blame for that, when they could specifiy Unconditional Universal Basic Income.

But even with that, you’d still have to save money for a long time to be able to afford a machine that can mine anything.

I much prefer a storage system based on Secure Scuttlebutt, with some offline capabilities: we already have that with ssb-git. Making that operate only on currency doesn’t really some the problem to me.

UBI is a joke- people always complain that they only make minimum wage now with UBI people will even make less than working for minimum wage.
Adn who really needs UBI- i have healthy hands and a working brain, i dont need handouts.

And democraty is a meme since day 1- we live in acapitalistic world so how can we have democracy?

1 Like

@john_kali

I feel you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick on the purpose of the project and indeed the utility of AGI.

To ask these kinds of questions there is a misunderstanding about the use of AGI and what its value is. SingularityNET is creating a platform to globally share and interconnect AI through the use of a utility token called AGI. The value of AGI is in its usage on our platform and isn’t meant to be used to speculatively trade.

We do not/will not and have never supported the secondary speculative trading of AGI.

The AGI token has many utilities on our platform, not least of which is the purchase of AI services which you can already do across the beta release of our platform, and we just taken the first steps towards community governance allowing our token holding community to vote on a Supervisory Council Election.

You can read more about the utility of AGI in the article below, though I highly suspect more utility will emerge over time :slight_smile:

Over the past 18 months we have successfully crowdfunded the project, worked hard to achieve our roadmap as dictated by our whitepaper, we’ve released the beta of our platform and Market DApp where people can buy AI services right now, we’ve released a version 2.0 of our whitepaper, released our SDK and Developer portal with tutorials so developers can register agents to the platform, signed partnership deals with the worlds largest insurance company Ping AN as well as household named brands such as Dominos Pizza, we’ve launched a business incubator in the form of X-Lab, ran an election to create a supervisory council the first instance of community-led governance, Manage and deliver a Podcast, we continuously publish papers, our GitHub continues to grow exponentially, as well as delivering keynote speeches all over the world as well as appearing with Vitalik and being interviewed by Joe Rogan.

Not to mention building and maintaining a community of over 110K stong.

We are now focused on delivering our V2 Roadmap

I hope this explanation helps you see what our project is about, if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask?

All the best,

Tim,

3 Likes

Cannot use Biance its blocked from US.

I’m not even sure how to get AGI token. Is the same issue present in China?