What will homes be like in the Smart Cities of the future?

Home, it’s where the heart is. There’s no place like it.

With the rise of self-employment across the world, and so the home of today is increasingly a place of both work and leisure, this is a trend which could be set to explode in future.

Through the use of innovative technology, homeowners are able to turn their homes into state-of-the-art machines that can be manipulated and monitored from anywhere in the world.

The smart homes of today can be monitored and controlled from any mobile phone. Homeowners can message from their phones to activate the various appliances around the house such as heating or turn on the lights, and view the home through the internal cameras.

There are set to be almost 300 million smart homes installed around the world by 2022, according to a new report from ABI Research, and therefore smart home devices and services will play an increasingly important part in designing smart cities.

Homes will include integrated technologies such as personal assistance in the coming years. What’s more, there will be smart screens capable of making video calls throughout their homes too.

In the next ten years, environmental issues will become ever increasingly important issues when dealing with the places we live. Perhaps unsurprisingly then given the rise of technology, electricity networks will struggle to keep up with energy demands by 2029.

This upward demand for energy will lead to a rise in sustainable solutions. Homes will be made mostly of sustainable materials such as integrated solar panels, weather resistant technologies and new sustainable building materials.

Our Smart city future then it appears is modular in design started with Smart homes which lead to living within smart communities. a miniature version of a Smart City, but with the flexibility and personal impact of a Smart House, together these smart communities come together to create the vision of a Smart City.

WithIoT sensors that monitor utility usage and comparing readings with that of the overall community will allow a greater ability to manage resources.

These are just a few of the many possible examples of how smart homes can operate more efficiently and provide the best living environment. let’s discuss other possible ways in today’s #AGICHAT What will homes be like in the Smart Cities of the future?

#AGICHAT #futurism #artificialintelligence #debate singularitynet #emergingtechnologies #futureofcities #decentralisation #dao #smartcities #SmartHomes #Homeofthefuture

2 Likes

That’s a good principle for immediate solutions, imagine a problem fixed by immediately command.

1 Like

They say charity begins at home and so does being Smart :slight_smile:

1 Like

The microcosm reflects the macrocosm… :wink: or is it the other way round?

1 Like

Based on comfort/ efficiency/ resiliency. The digital feedback loop is more important than physical design.

1 Like

The future is digital/hybrid.

A digitized future for society means feedback loops.

People who use Airbnb say your home is where the wifi is.

Comfort applies to wifi.

Since the human is the subject of advancement, we have to consider that transhumanism and cybernetics will have a greater affect on lifestyle.

Even consider the possibility of shapeshifting.

Matthew E. Gladden, Cybershells, Shapeshifting, and Neuroprosthetics

1 Like

For all this to happen, we must not forget that poverty affects much of the world. The distopian dream of a better life with technological wizardry has always been the focus of entrepreneurs, but the reality over the last 100 years, is that most people cannot afford it. Unless plutocrats become mega philanthropists, that will continue to be the case and the rifts in society will become ever bigger, even in an AGI world.

I would imagine that many homes will need to go underground (with solar collectors above ground). This would regulate the temperatures and allow for decreased power generation than trying to compensate for excessive temperatures above ground. I see AI as responsible for automation of life support below ground, including for food production in massive solar powered grow factories. While it would be great to think that we can begin to mitigate climate heating, it is not looking very likely, given that countries like the US do not take it seriously.

There is a reason that Elon Musk is using a tunnel testing system for his driverless cars. The cities of the future will be under bubbles and we will have to live in a protected AI created atmosphere. Earth could very well lose its atmosphere due to changes in the ionosphere (that protects us from solar radiation) as experimental (and unproven) technologies are used to reduce the amount of sunlight hitting the Earth.

For the poor people of the world, for the wild animals of the world… What can we do that AI will solve their dilemma? That is the real conundrum! Perhaps Robots need to be developed that can provide micro climates above ground… Parks and sanctuaries for refuge, policed by other Robots. But that sounds so Brave New World, I find it scary…
No matter which way that I look at the problem, unless everyone of us is willing to share with those that have nothing, none of those problems will be solved.

2 Likes

I agree smart cities must have new infrastructure in order to allow system upgrades.

I’ve been following blockchain technology since 2017, the growth of this innovation specifically in blockchain has given me the knowledge of system infrastructure that I needed to know.

Blockchain technology is necessary in my opinion to create this system infrastructure that would represent our needs.

If we rely on third-party infrastructure we will have corruption in our networks.

We need to innovate a new model of system infrastructure.

2 Likes

Hi @Evyn1, I think that we always need a centralized system (AI) that allows to observe and give information, soon as possible, for authorities to identify and take action against bad conceptions.

1 Like

I have just been looking at the idea of semi underground ‘earthships’. These are fantastic highly sustainable answers to water use efficiency, ambient temperature living spaces (without the need for large scale power use), are made out of sustainable, reused materials and earth friendly building based on economical costs and self sustained off-grid living. They are fire proof, earthquake proof and wind proof. They look so cool, and if AI technology is integrated in the form of automating everything from the four times used water, filtering process, to automatically darkening the South facing windows at night, to having a AI repowering system for cars, equipment, devices, smartphones etc.
I think that TV would actually be replaced by a super low power hologram projection within a room of choice, also controlled by AI (no need for the TV to take up so much space). The lights, appliances etc, can be voice activated and protected with closing barriers from weather events or intruders or some other cataclysmic event. And all of it could be monitored for full efficiency by a central AI unit that adjusts systems and alerts homeowners to any problems.

I want one (but likely couldn’t afford it right now). :wink:

3 Likes

I believe we all have something to share…

Have you considered DIY till help arrives? :wink:

1 Like