Ultimate Identity

This project idea is to provide a fundamental supplement to technologies that engender trust, at a personal level.

Today, my identity is decentralized. I rely on many different documents, accounts, complex passwords and other authentication mechanisms to maintain consistent threads between my Social, Legal, Biometric, Virtual, Health & fitness threads etc. that reflect my presence.

I will want to capitalize on emerging technology trends (see below) as organizations will use data “about me” to drive behaviours “that will impact me”, but the good User Experience outcomes can only come from good quality (trusted) data even if it is from disparate sources. A statement of the trend is as follows:

“…The collection and use of such data to drive behaviors is called the Internet of Behavior (IoB). As organizations improve not only the amount of data they capture, but also how they combine data from different sources and use that data, the IoB will continue to affect how organizations interact with people…”
(Gartner Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2021)

As businesses improve the User Experiences based on what they know about me, I want them to be able to trust what they know about me, and I want to be able to control what they can know. This should be a prerequisite to leverage the trend for Privacy enhancement – i.e. a trusted environment with decentralized analytics and up-to-date data encryption.

There will be a two-way flow of information as I access services for purchasing, communicating, accessing health services etc., and this needs to provide positive identity without compromising privacy. It also needs to be holistic so that (for example) there are no vulnerable, excluded groups, and that identity theft and duplication becomes impossible.

A bit of Solution thinking… Blockchain engenders my trust in “the system”, so perhaps if an AI Agent puts me on a Blockchain, there will be a public “trusted ME” (public Key) which is populated with data about me that I wish to be shared depending on the contexts (via private Key). I have a familiar device (e.g. smartphone) that knows me, and will do so even if my physical (DNA) and virtual (avatar) presences diverge. Layer and future-proof this capability as necessary – e.g. from device with biometric and multi-factor authentication, to BMI, to nanobytes which collect, encrypt and store relevant (e.g. real-time biometric) data for intelligent use in extended and future Use Cases.

A crude example of the beneficial User Experience: “My phone knows me” - and I know my phone by the way it behaves:

• a foolproof, reliable, intuitive interface and behaviour… It knows me when I touch it, and it predicts desirable behaviour with high reliability (on/off/alarm/call etc.)
  • my explicit history and status is available in real-time, in any context (health, wealth…)
  • I can delegate authority (temporary or permanent) for friends, relatives etc. with the right context. For example, I should be able to give the device away with zero risk to me
  • if I lose the phone, it is permanently inactive for anyone else by default; it may take proactive measures to get back to me, but I can easily clone another one from my private Key (data)
  • over time, it will converge with other AI Agents to access IoB benefits for User Experience, e.g. shopping delegation, opportunity, real-time protection…
1 Like

Gener8 have a great looking business model in this direction… could there be a collaboration potential? To start with, use AI to assist in the tracking - reward mechanisms.

Gener8 Ads | Gener8 Ads | Control and be rewarded from your own data

Here’s another exciting-sounding development that supports identity and mutual trust: https://business.saymine.com/ - claiming to be the first platform dedicated to handling data privacy operations, while placing consumers and user experience at the center.

“Privacy has become an integral part of any company’s user experience. Mine is bridging the gap between consumers and companies by setting a new privacy experience that will fit and empower both sides”.

Its a good idea Phil!

1 Like

I find now that this idea has a name: Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) - What is self-sovereign identity, and how does it work? | by Entidad | Medium - “a digital identity that is managed and maintained by an individual”. I hope that it will catch on… :wink:
(Thanks to Darlene Damm https://app.su.org/members/3811711 for sharing!).

Here is an interesting concept for Ultimate Identity… WorldCoin have a great Vision “A new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible” and launch model (How the Launch Works). I think their success will depend on how they converge two very distinct needs:

1. Universal, immutable identity: WorldCoin propose a workflow based on biometric data capture (eye scan) to a uniqueness verification and the creation of an ID on the Blockchain with zero knowledge cryptography. The article has many positive results from the field tests, including (example) KPIs for identification “false match rate” (FMR), and the application of technology is promising, but there are many Scenarios that would inhibit or prevent universal accessibility and these must be planned for

2. Beneficial decentralization: WorldCoin’s Goal is “aligning the incentives of all participants and allocating the majority of the currency to new users as a reward for joining the network”. They propose to achieve this via the “Proof-of-Personhood” protocols and a reward mechanism for Operators who add new Users to the system. The article correctly identifies the major hurdles to success - privacy, fraud detection, and scalability - however the long-term governance strategy is not yet defined, and this together with the model for fair and meaningful distribution of Value are essential.

My thanks to Tamas Simon https://app.su.org/members/4494751 for sharing this!