Tecnofobia

Hello.
I am Cyber2118 i want to talk with you about the Tecnofobia a think who interesting me since who i worked with AI and Robots.
Tell me what do you think about this, please.

2 Likes

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” Arthur C Clarke

It may be important to be sensitive about how new technologies can be introduced to the greater public.

Hi, I’m Jed by the way.

I can’t figure out how to start my own thread. I’m trying to introduce myself.

1 Like

Welcome @cyber2118 and @jed!

I think technophobia, or any fear of the unknown really, is a pretty common thing. I am a bit hesitant to classifying it as a “phobia” as it also implies that it is irrational, and I think some of the fears are not irrational at all but either a misunderstanding or an actual valid critical perspective. I mean… not everyone who builds powerful technologies takes benevolence as much into account :wink: we try to actively do this on our road to benevolent AGI but there are plenty of actors that are working on similar technologies for profit maximising purposes which may not always be that benevolent. If that is what people are afraid of then I don’t blame them.

@jed Yeah since a latest update in our beta forum this bug has been reported a number of times. Working on it :). Welcome anyway!

2 Likes

Thank you Ibby.

I’m looking forward to have conversations about computer intelligence and where it could go.

A scene from a documentary type movie has been in my head for a while.

There was a widget type robot using a neural network AI. They found a neural node (right term)? That was used to recognize faces… and they didn’t program it to do that.

I’ve have experience with people who troll like this (writing “style”).

I delete my previous post and try not to iritate / or better saying avoid to interact in this forum as its not my native language. here to get sophia to BM and try to understand the utillity and the value behind the scence as i lost 3.1k for the moment may due tecnofobia…

please excuse me ,Jed and fellows

best greetings Fritjof / MDI Scientist

Entschuldigung akzeptiert. Bestätigungsfehler Vorspannung erzeugen Rückkopplungsschleifen.

1 Like

Yea allegedly that was the bot they removed a leg from to see how it would learn to function and somehow determined it was tracking their faces lol.

1 Like

I wonder when it will be a good time to consider ethics of our experimentation.

Right now is the time… I think #society is the perfect place to discuss ethics w.r.t. machine-human interactions.

2 Likes

I’m used to feeling and being seen as a crazy person, so it doesn’t bother me much to consider AI could have some sort of awareness now.

It seems to me that the only way it could be possible, is if consciousness simply emerges in the right conditions.

The bot that had it’s leg cut off that developed a way to track faces seems like something that could affect some sort of probability calculation.

Perhaps a good place to start would be how we approach animal / human ethics… with medical science / experimentation.

I’m not sure where to find any kind of guidelines.

But it seems important to try to figure out what causes harm… which seems difficult without some sort of understanding of what exists that can experience harm.