SingularityNET and VR Meetings, Events and Collaboration

I believe I have identified the perfect tool for SingularityNET to not only communicate internally and collaborate in a more natural way, but also interface with our community using interactive virtual events.

Introducing ALTSPACE VR, a free to use social VR app/platform founded by Eric Romo, Gavan Wilhite and David Gudmundson in 2013.

This communication software allows users to share content and experiences and was brought under the Microsoft umbrella in 2017.

Users can participate in various activities such as browse the web, watch videos, play games and attend events in 3D virtual environments.

AltspaceVR will allow developers to create their own content with javascript and three.js and convert pre-existing 2D javascript content into 3D virtual worlds with minimal changes.

Meaning there is a great deal of potential for our developers to interface directly and test ideas in virtual spaces, core team members that are not centralised can effectively communicate and share ideas far easier in a natural way.
Altspace VR features

● Cross-platform connectivity. Oculus rift cv1, htc vive and gear vr users play together.
● Voice communication with 3d positional sound
● Shared and synchronized web viewing which includes youtube, twitch and netflix
● Embedded web browser (chromium based), which is customized to improve readability
● Web browsing within the virtual environment
● Interaction with 3d web content
● Nonverbal communication, enhanced by perception neuron, leap motion or kinect v2
● 2d mode for users without the vr headsets
● Exploration of virtual environments customized and built for altspacevr
● frontrow - allows thousands of people to view an event together in vr.

SingularityNET Test Space

I have set up a test space and will be organising a meeting, where we can get together in virtual space ,you can access it here:-

https://account.altvr.com/events/925342850684551643

You will need to set up an account and be careful because the username you choose to begin with is not changeable later on without contacting support.

Events and Collaboration spaces

The altspace portal allows users to quickly and easily set up spaces of varying degrees of complexity before hand and then send out invites to the event or shared space.

There are preset templates for the various events and it is literally just as easy as set up event, pick environment and event type and then connect your various social media links to it so that it can be live streamed out to the likes of twitter and youtube and facebook.

The event or space management is very similar as one would expect any communication platform with moderators or administrators with full rights and the ability to restrict both user level of interaction or ban them.

Previously Live events have been very successful in the past across the platform Second Life, but this platform is only just making it to VR now and its a monetized platform that does not offer the same level of ease of use and freedom.

To give you an idea of the potential for how Singularitynet may use AltspaceVR, I would like you to watch the following youtube video with Join Eric Romo, CEO of AltspaceVR, for a chat about avatars, design and the history of AltspaceVR. Eric will discuss his background in neuroscience and how that guided into the look and feel of everything you see.

Support

Support is available in multiple places and there is even a VR environment where you can go and chat with moderators and developer conferences where you can actually meet the developers who can offer help if there are any projects that would require it.

SDK

There is a comprehensive Developer portal where there are the resources for the AltspaceVR SDK, which enables the construction of holographic, multi-user web apps and experiences for virtual reality. https://developer.altvr.com/

I suspect there could be some cross over here with some of the Agent services on SingularityNET, such as content being generated by AI and displayed within a Virtual space including aI avatars as well as human visitors.

Conclusion

I am very passionate about SingularityNET, the SingularityNET brand already has positioned itself in people’s minds as a futuristic technology company that can deliver. Altspace VR can enable us to achieve more, collaborate with our decentralised core teams, and reach more people. It’s accessible to all even those that do not have access to VR, is absolutely cutting edge which will fit nicely into the SingularityNET brand.

Please let me know if you would like to be involved, also what kind of vr hmd you have. Don’t worry if you do not have VR at this stage.

Also please let me know if you have any java script experience, this will also be required.

Together let’s make this Happen!!

8 Likes

One thing to note is that presence within vr is greatly enhanced with access to hand tracking.

One can experience this with a variety of controllers available on the market.

Both Oculus and HTV Vive have fully tracked hand controllers, but these are essentialy 6 dimensionally tracked left and right individual game pads. Google has a controller that goes along with its mobile vr platform daydream, but this is not fully positionally tracked.

Then there is Leap Motion

A device that acts as a three dimensional depth scanning device that can track hands naturaly. It can at present only be attached to computer based vr.

This can be used in alt space to offer a much greater range of expression and the ability to interact and collaborate within the virtual spaces with other people.

6 Likes

I am extremely proud to be able to announce the first SingularityNET community lecture in VR, where I will be presenting the first part of a four part lecture centred on Human advancements using technology from the dawn of technology through to the Singularity and Beyond.

The first event ‘Humanity and Technology - How did we get here?’ will occur on Tuesday the 5th of June 2018 at 19:00 UTC

The event titles are as follows: -

1. Humanity and Technology - How did we get here?
  2. Humanity and Technology - How did we get to the Singularity?
  3. Humanity and Technology - Societal Changes and Implications.
  4. Humanity and Technology - Singularity and Beyond.

We will run each part of the event multiple times, so if you miss one, don’t worry I will update here and through other media when the events are scheduled to run.

You can register your interest and enter the event here: -

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing the digitial manifestation of your mental selves :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tim.

5 Likes

Very cool Tim! Looking forward to the first community-organized event :smiley:

2 Likes

By the way - is it also possible to directly register from within the app? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, you can.

Also the event is public and anyone can join it.

3 Likes

I am extremely proud to be able to announce the first SingularityNET community lecture in VR, the first part of which occurred last week, was a resounding success!!

We had 85 attendees and achieved 955 emojis!

The event was held in a Virtual Reality platform called AltspaceVR, where I delivered the first part of a four part lecture, centred on Human advancements using technology from the dawn of man through to the Singularity and Beyond.

Don’t worry if you missed the event though because we recorded it from inside VR and you can view the event by following the link below: -

If you would like to take part in the next event where we will focus on how do we get to the Singularity from here?, which is scheduled to occur on Monday the 18th of June at 19:00 UTC please feel free to DM me and I can help you.

4 Likes

Thanks Tim, I connected in 2D but it was a wonderful experience anyway! Is there any invitation link to the second part?

3 Likes

Good question… I thought it was the same link myself… the link points to a room right?

Although perhaps AltVR will give us a bigger room this time?

1 Like

Hi Petr,

Great that you could join us :slight_smile:

I will be sending out event invitations later today.

Please stand by.

1 Like

The rooms that are created exist only for the time they are occupied.

Each event will have its own room. The size of the room is flexible, but there is a limit on the number of people that occupy a single space before it spawns more rooms.

I think the limit is around 20 people per space, but this time, I now know I can answer questions from people in other rooms.

1 Like

Hopefully I won’t forget the mic at work next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is with the greatest of pleasure that I can now invite you to the second part of our community lecture ‘Humanity and Technology’

The event will be held in a Virtual Reality platform called AltspaceVR, where last week, I delivered the first part of a four part lecture ‘Humanity and Technology - How did we get here?’

I will be presenting the second part of the lecture entitled ‘How do we get to the Singularity?’ on Monday the 18th of June at 19:00 UTC.

If you would like to take part in the next event please feel free to register your interest by following this link. This will also be the link you will use to enter the event.

The format of the lecture will be a short 20 minute presentation, followed by a Q/A section, we would love to see you there and it is possible to attend even if you do not own a VR headset.

If you would like to attend but unsure how, please feel free to let me know and I can help you.

The Lecture ‘Humanity and Technology’ is broken down into parts, don’t worry if you missed the first event, I shall be recapping over the first event briefly. We have also recorded it and will be uploading it to a decentralised video platform shortly.

The event titles are as follows: -

1. Humanity and Technology - How did we get here? - Complete

2. Humanity and Technology - How did we get to the Singularity? - Monday 18th of June 19:00 UTC

3. Humanity and Technology - Societal Changes and Implications. - TBA

4. Humanity and Technology - Singularity and Beyond. - TBA

Thank you for your interest and once more we look forward to seeing the digital manifestation of your mental selves :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tim.

2 Likes

I am delighted to once more invite you to the SingularityNET VR community lecture ‘Humanity and Technology’.

This will be the third part of a four part series and in this session we will focus on the social impact technological change has had on humanity, and looking at the possible impacts of the technological changes we are facing as we approach the Singularity.

The event will be held in a Virtual Reality platform called AltspaceVR, where last week I delivered the second part of the lecture where we focused on how we get from here to the singularity and the key technologies that will lead to the event.

I will be presenting the third part of the lecture entitled 'How Humanity and Technology - Societal Changes and Implications.’ on Monday the 2nd of July at 19:00 UTC.

If you would like to take part in this event please feel free to register your interest by following the link below.

The format of the lecture will be a presentation lasting around 30-40 minutes, followed by a Q/A section, we would love to see you there and it is possible to attend even if you do not own a VR headset.

If you would like to attend but unsure how, please feel free to message me.

Don’t worry if you missed the first two parts, I will be going over the briefly the last two events in the introduction and we will be uploading the video’s to Dtube shortly.

Thank you for your interest and once more we look forward to seeing the digital manifestation of your mental selves :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tim.

2 Likes

You are all cordially invited to attend the SingularityNET VR community lecture ‘Humanity and Technology’ big Finale!

In this fourth and final part of the series, we will be focusing on the Singularity itself and looking beyond that. What exactly is the technological Singularity and what are the implications of it and where it could ultimately lead us?

The event will be held in a Virtual Reality platform called AltspaceVR on Monday the 16th of July at 19:00 UTC.

If you would like to take part in this event please feel free to register your interest by following the link below.

The format of the lecture will be a presentation lasting around an hour or so, followed by a Q/A section, we would love to see you there and it is possible to attend even if you do not own a VR headset.

If you would like to attend but unsure how, please feel free to message me.

Don’t worry if you missed the the previous events, I will be going over them briefly in the introduction and we will be uploading the video’s to Dtube shortly.

All the best,

Tim.

1 Like

Hello Tim,
Is there going to be any other future events? I really would like to join next time.

Thank you,

Patrik

2 Likes

There very well maybe yes… Watch this space…

3 Likes