Searching for strong opinions about AI - New television show

I am a Casting Director for a major cable network, and we are looking for folks in the USA who have strong opinions about Artificial Intelligence and how it will affect jobs, relationships, society etc. We are casting a new show about AI and looking for people who can talk on camera about their opinions on the subject. We are looking for every day (non-scientists) people who are either concerned or excited about how AI will affect their lives specifically.

3 Likes

A lot of people I hope!! Haha, it’s my job!

1 Like

Do you have any kind of legal ethics / boundaries / legal frame work to protect the intellectual property of people who contribute to your attempt to make money?

1 Like

Hey Jed! I’m not sure what you mean! I’m not asking for any intellectual property other than a laymen’s opinion on the state of AI currently and in the future. I’m not asking for any in depth solutions or plans or anything deeper than a general opinion.

1. a work or invention that is the result of creativity, such as a manuscript or a design, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, trademark, etc.

(Google search)

Any opinion / insight / valid contribution that I, or anyone else on this forum, could give you would be a creation of our imagination.

If that creation directly contributes to intellectual property that you or your tv team can create, monetize, and benefit from is a use of our intellectual creation.

For example…

Let’s say someone here tells you they think…

Bob loses his job to AI Rob in a specific way… and it effects his relationship with his dog in a specific way.

And that makes it into the tv or in any format or medium that could be exploited for monetary gain would be stealing of intellectual property.

Would it not?

I can be more simple and clear.

1 Someone hired you to do a job with the intent of making them money.

1. Now, you, with the intent of making money, are asking us to give you ideas that will directly contribute to making you, and who hired you, money.

Therefore, there is no way that what you are looking for from us could not have the intent to make you money.

Hey Jed!

If that’s how you feel about it, I suggest that you don’t submit yourself! But there are a lot of folks who enjoy sharing their opinions about this subject, and are open to having those opinions influence their surroundings (whether that be a TV show, a magazine article, or just in a conversation) without demanding compensation or protections for just speaking their mind. So I would suggest if you have intellectual property that you don’t want anyone else to ever benefit from in any way, don’t tell anyone about it.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

I just called an attorney.

About a year ago, I wrote fan fiction to the tv show Stranger Things.

They stole an idea I had for what they used as a major plot point for season 2. I had forgotten about it… let it go.

But now it feels personal.

Now it feels like I could be protecting other people’s work from being stolen.

Hi @castingolivia,

Thank you for your post. That’s really exciting and such an amazing topic to be covering. SingularityNET is literally creating the future of AI and so we can completely understand why you would want to post here.

The SingularityNET community literally covers all four corners of the world and I am more than sure that there will be many who would love to take part in such a production.

@Jed and @Loading responses are not representative of the overall majority of our community and frankly unacceptable.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you feel we can assist you further, there is a wider community that we perhaps can put you in touch with.

SingularityNET has openness as a core principle, please feel free to continue to post and enjoy our community further.

1 Like

Thank you @tim and welcome @castingolivia. I am sorry for some of the messages and their tone. You are most welcome here.

@jed I flagged your messages because they had a threatening tone and that is not something we support. Of course you can ask questions, but please try to be respectful. One does not have to participate in Olivia’s project if they do not want to.

To also react about your worry of theft of intellectual property… I am sorry that that happened to you in the past, but I think it is inappropriate to assume this of a newcomer on the forum. She is not the one whoever you had that experience with. Furthermore, as I understand it, in TV one is supposed to sign something to acknowledge that the filmer has the rights to show that material. Otherwise they cannot broadcast it.

2 Likes

Hi @Tim

Thank you so much for your kind response. I am still new to this site, and am having trouble figuring out how to directly message/contact other users. Any help there would be much appreciated!

But mostly, I’m looking for some non-expert level laymen (or armchair experts as some nice folks have deemed themselves, haha) to chat with me on camera and talk about their hopes and fears when it comes to AI! I see that you are based across the pond. But if you know of anyone that might be interested in this opportunity I would love to speak with them.

2 Likes

I’ll reconsider my stance and get back to you.

I may have an interesting angle for you. I will send you a DM :). You can DM people by going to their profile by clicking on their name and you should see a message button there.

The offer is tempting, but I can’t see myself mingling with TV/industry…I do hope you find some interesting perspectives. I personally believe that AI will become a modern day oracle/medium, or interdimensional telephone, that is, you would actually be talking to real beings and no longer just a robot. If such a viewpoint were displayed on TV that would be most exciting :grin:.

1 Like

Hi Zolgo!

What a shame, you have such an interesting outlook. The interviews I’m conducting are not for broadcast anywhere. They are for an internal presentation. I wonder if you would be willing to chat about it? No pressure, but I would love to hear from you!

You can DM me :slight_smile:

I’d be very happy to but I’m in the UK.
To be honest I’d probably go over the top in my enthusiasm too :wink:

1 Like

Movies like the Terminator are anti technology propaganda.