Price discrepancy between CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap

Hi There, sorry if this has already been answered somewhere. I’m just confused about the value of singluaritynet as shown between CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap.

At the time of this posting, on CoinGecko (SingularityNET Price: AGIX Live Price Chart & News | CoinGecko), it’s currently showing a value of $0.461617, whereas on CoinMarketCap (SingularityNET price today, AGIX to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap) it’s currently showing $0.1904.

That’s a big discrepancy no? Can anyone explain what’s going on and whether one is a more reliable indicator than the other?

Thanks in advance.

at the time of this writing, CoinMarketCap has been using the latest figures for the robust trading of AGIX with BTC on exchanges, e.g. Binance:

… while CoinGecko has been using the latest figures from the shallow trading on ERC-20 token swap services like Uniswap, where the price appears higher because of not enough AGIX at its current market value to cover the amount of ETH in the pool:

https://v2.info.uniswap.org/pair/0xe45b4a84e0ad24b8617a489d743c52b84b7acebe

Neither one is perfect & correct: for instance both CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap currently still have the link to the old Ethereum contract address for AGI, which is not the same as AGIX. Until every detail of either page is correct I would only get AGIX price quotes from Binance, which has the highest AGIX liquidity.

1 Like

It’s kind of baffling for me. I don’t really get it. My AGI has now disappeared from Binance. Was that supposed to happen? And AGI now showing on CoinGecko at 0.821418. Even higher. Weird. So how long do you think before the details of this are sorted?

yes I saw that too but nobody seems to care. LOL I was wondering what platforms still support AGI at this time anyways…found none so its not like the two token are going to coexist fr very long, it doesn’t look like it…quite confusing for a non geek

1 Like