Need help staking my AGI tokens for the next staking pool

Hello! I recently transferred some ETH to MyETHwallet on my cell (Android), swapped it for AGI, then transferred my AGI to my ETH account on MetaMask on 9-4-20 so that I could stake it prior to the the AGI staking. I made several attempts over the 7 day period to stake my entire AGI tokens (more than 500) prior to the staking pool that closed today 9-11-20. However, the transactions never happened, they appeared to be in a loop and was unable to finalize the transactions. The messages that appeared on SingularityNet pool screen were “Transaction Pending” AND I was never able to approve the transactions on my MetaMask extension. Please advise on how I can submit my AGI tokens for the next AGI pool. Don’t know if it’s my Mac (the software is up to date), my VPN…I have high speed connection so I’m sure it’s not that. A step-by-step procedure on what I need to do to successfully complete the transaction would be great! Thanks.

Hey there, LMD1966.

Yeah, I had this problem too. You have to use Metamask and look at the ETHgas fee and see if everything is working out correctly. Fix up that Metamask wallet and see if everything is going right and that you’ve paid the ETH gas fee to send your AGI tokens to SingularityNET’s staking platform (which isn’t cheap by the way) and try this out one more time. Also, take a good look at the “Queue” button in your Metamask to see if there are any pending transactions, of which you’ll unfortunately have to pay even to cancel. (I know, Metamask sucks), but hopefully this will fix your problem and you’ll be able to send those AGI tokens right up. You won’t lose your tokens but if there is a huge queue on your Metamask wallet (by having tried way too many times), you’ll have to pay a very small ETH fee for every transaction you’ve tried, but you won’t lose your AGI. This happened to me quite a few times and I had to pay the fee cancellations but was able to stake just the right amount of AGI. Perhaps you have no ETH in your wallet and that’s why it’s refusing itself to finish the transactions getting stuck at “Pending” indefinitely – that is, until you get ETH to finish (speed up) your transactions. Hope that helps. Keep me informed.

-Karamazov

1 Like

Thank you very much, Karamazov! I will try that when the next staking pool comes aound!

Hi Karamazov,

I am new here and just read your comments about the staking. So I need download a wallet Metamask, move my AGIs to this wallet, and then transfer my AGIs to SingularityNET’s staking platform(yet to figure out where it is), right? And I need some ETH to pay the gas fee?
How am I sure my AGI coins are safe when they are sent out from my wallet?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated

Rockiesecho

I transfered my agi to my meta mask id but it is not showing up in meta mask or on the staking dapp? Ether scan shows the transfer was completed but its not showing anywhere??

Hey, Rockisecho.

I am having a lot of trouble with Metamask and I’m also completely concerned about how troublesome Metamask is. It has been some time since I did stake my coins and yeah, it was all very irritating. First you have to download Metamask (which is a chrome extension, of which I don’t find safe at all), which will give you what it calls you a wallet and then you can make multiple accounts on it; and then afterwards you have to deposit that AGI into the SingularityNET staking platform, which will require ETH fee and sometimes bugs and a lot of things. Right now I’m having issues trying to access the AGI which was in my SingularityNET account, but the Metamask isn’t working. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future, and I really, really, really do hope that there is a way to see, spend and use your AGI without needing to go through Metamask all of the time.

Cordially,
-Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for your reply. Since I am not confident with Metamask and don’t want to pay high gas, I just keep my AGI coins in the exchange for now. I will see what will happen when Cardano version being launched. We may have a new wallet for AGI by then?

Cheers
Rockiesecho

1 Like

Not to hop in on Rockiesecho’s party, but I’m similarly situated. I bought my AGI on another exchange, but would like to move it all to the Singularity system AND buy more AND stake it all. However, my confidence in MetaMask is low, and while I don’t have enough AGI that I expect to be treated like a VIP, I definitely have enough that I don’t want to try to move it to MetaMask and never see it again. I would appreciate any and all assistance in confidently getting from AGI from its current wallet to a wallet that will allow me to stake.

@ebolles @Rockiesecho @Karamazov

Have you tried out using a hardware wallet perhaps in connection with your metamask?

@Binx742 perhaps you still have to add the custom token identifier to your metamask wallet, here is how to do it: https://tokenmint.io/blog/how-to-add-your-custom-erc-token-to-metamask.html