Jamie - newcomer

I came here looking for research to do in my free time. I have a particular interest in the simulation theory and like to hear other’s opinions around the subject. GI is something I would like to learn more about and possibly contribute to.

1 Like

Attribution and causation are topics that lead to more information about our own self awareness, or lack thereof , than they do to scientific evidence.
Simulation theory seems to come from those working to create simulations. It seems to me, the first step to examining this theory is completely skipped, and that is the examination of the origin of our thoughts.
Evidence is overwhelming that we are carbon based calcium supported water bags vibrating excitedly across the surface of small planet in search of our purpose. Aside from the mundane duties of procreation and daily sustenance, searching for purpose is how we fill our time.
No matter what vector the search for “greater purpose” is coming from, the conclusions or propositions invariably orient themselves to the experiences or environment of the individual.
These take wild leaps immediately, and disregard the real hard work. To the astronomer, the origin is a gizzilion light years away. To the religious it is an invisible angry inseminator. To others it is a team of intergalactic proctologists.
Computers are just another vector and as the hole gets deeper, the distance of the leap towards an associated conclusion as to how it ties into the “greater purpose” grows.
Surely if we can do this amazing thing, it must be the same principle directly responsible for our existence, is the proposition.
And yet, like any other branch of modern science, they do not bother to examine a myriad of much simpler things, such as where do thoughts come from ? Is the yearning for solving the great mysteries just another biological function that drives evolution ?
Reaching into the beyond, or “finding the answers elsewhere” , before observing the self, is not scientific.
If humanity cannot predict what a flea will do next and at what time and place, they certainly are jumping the gun when proposing to know 'the great mysteries".
Meanwhile, we are still working on the purpose of the pyramids, something we did and forgot why. Now, god is a programmer having fun and getting people to play meaningless games. The idea is not new.
Source code. Now there’s something to keep us busy ! Funding flows to those who claim they have it !

1 Like