How will the nature and future of work be impacted by the accelerating complexity of our world?

Will most of the actual work itself change, and if so, how? What are the upsides and downsides?
Does your current job get impacted?

2 Likes

Workers and teams will likely have to work more nimbly, around project-based work and sprints. Gig labour may become more prevalent. The ability to learn how to learn, i.e. “meta-learning”, will become incredibly valuable, as rapidly changing conditions and contexts will mean the skill of being able to learn and see the newly emerging wholes will be most sought after.

2 Likes

Work as we know it is going to come to an end as AI / robotics surpass all human capacity. The other side of the singularity will see the end of any sense of human dignity Terminator style or the beginning of a new age where work and play become one. The best parallel is that of growing one’s own food today. The few hundred tomatoes I grow a year are labour intensive without $ return and yet, the action brings inner joy. All work will be this if we get this right.

3 Likes

Am wondering your thoughts on how the new Twin Protocol will fit in this and how singularitarian types might look with excitement for possible work opportunities in the Sophiaverse.

1 Like

It’s a deep hope and an imperative that we “get this right” – and that the sense of human dignity is preserved, even if our habits and lifestyles and nature of work change!

The Twin Protocol is in early stages, and I can’t speak for it much. That said, the Twin could be used to help companies retain knowledge, and if there is work in the metaverse (of which SophiaVerse is an example), then digital twins in general could be programmed to credit the originator as the twin does work in the metaverse. This is just one possibility.

will be transformed so that man no longer has to leave the house much to work, and thus avoid destroying our nature by working from home, and with robots doing the manual work that requires people to go outside.

2 Likes

We need applications for robots that (initially) replace all the difficult, dangerous and unpleasant tasks. At the same time, we need to enhance and augment the roles of all people who would be displaced by those changes, for example finding opportunities that enhance creativity and empathy - I like the way Kai-Fu Lee describes this challenge… How AI can save our humanity | Kai-Fu Lee - YouTube

1 Like