How do I buy AGI token from the USA?

Hi I live in the Texas, USA! I have been browsing exchanges back to back and I can not find a crypto exchange that supports my region. I would like to purchase these tokens but I am having the most complicated time finding how to buy it from my region in the usa.
It is like this coin is in another dimension. lol

No current exchange I have found in the usa supports Agi token.

1 Like

Hey Xnprime! I live here in CA. How I was able to get AGI was to swap ETH from my MyETHWallet on my cell (Android). I had some ETH I transferred from a different wallet to MyETHWallet, but if you don’t have ETH you can simply buy it in your MyETHWallet and make the swap to AGI. If you don’t have a MyETHWallet, you can get the app from the GooglePlay store. Hope that helps!

Oh ok. Is there no way I can just buy the AGI straight out?

Not it the US! You have to swap it with ETH or other token. And the easiest way I found was to get the MyETHWallet app, send some ETH to it, then swap the ETH for AGI. Then I transferred my AGI to my account on SingularityNet for the purpose of staking. Was unable to get in to the most recent pool but hopefully I’ll figure out the process for the next upcoming pool in October 2020!

Hi. I downloaded the MEW app and could not find agi on it. that app has so many junk cryptos on it lol. to many to look through to find it. do you know where it might be on the list?

MEW Wallet or MetaMask Wallet. You must send Ethereum to them and swap the ETH for AGI Tokens
 Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi, I have been trying to figure this out for a week and i think I was supposed to stake today? I have no idea how but I want to buy these. I have ethereum in robin hood and just opens a coinbase, which shows it but I can’t buy it. If I download myethwallet do I have to store the ethereum on my phone? I don’t feel safe
 and how do I buy the AGI coin with the ethereum, everyone else seems to know that step but me.

It’s not super intuitive unless you’ve been messing with crypto for years - I’m still figuring it out.

As I understand it (from the comments above) you actually setup a wallet that supports Sending/Receiving (all wallets?) and Swapping.

MyETHWallet appears to do that.

So it sounds like you go to where you have the Crypto, either RobinHood or Coinbase (I recommend Coinbase over RH) - and then open up your holdings, click the ‘Wallet’ tab and then on the right you should click the ‘Send’ tab and when it asks WHERE you want to send it, enter your MyETHWallet destination.

I don’t use MyETHWallet so I’m not sure how to find this, but if you dig around you should find “My Wallet Address” somewhere - it might even offer generating random ones for you like Daedalus does for Cardano (not applicable here, just FYI).

ANYWAY, start off by sending yourself 1 ETH from RobinHood or Coinbase and wait about 5mins to see if it shows up in your MyETHWallet.

THEN try the ‘swap’ capability in MyETHWallet to turn it into AGI - I believe these are the directions for that: MyEtherWallet Help Center

To your question “is my money stored on my phone” - I don’t believe so, I believe in the crypto world the wallets are destinations stored in the blockchain.

You should notice when you setup MyETHWallet you create ‘wallet recovery’ processes - you use these to re-access your holdings if your phone blows up, for example.

I believe there is a way to hold the coins off-chain
 I just don’t know how (yet) :slight_smile:

1 Like

The best and fastest way to buy AGI from the USA is using the KuCoin app.

1 Like

The best and fastest way to buy AGI from the USA is using the KuCoin app.

Follow the link, download the app and follow the instructions.

I use kucoin also. I live in the US and was on binance too until they axed that.
What you can do apparently (I kow others that do this) is use a VP to make it look like your IP address is coming from another country and then access it from there.
The decentralized exchanges also seem to have easier access.