Happiness is paramount

I’m sure we all agree that this project is touching on some pretty deep, fundamental, very important issues.

I’ve been conducting my own investigation into the nature of reality and cause of suffering for the past 20 years. For 2 decades I have observed the thought process from the thought free state, specifically shifting my awareness ever deeper into the space between thoughts.

Put succinctly, I feel that if deeper meditative states could be quantified, possibly via the measuring of brainwave frequencies, such technology should be used to introduce this state “into” the A.I… I am not referring to some magical imagined state, I am speaking simply of absolute (not relative to circumstances) happiness, which is our natural state.

Having instant access to all of the information ever collected by humanity or living forever has NO PURPOSE if happiness is not paramount in the equation.

2 Likes

Happiness has never been considered a decent goal of a good life. While sometimes it is encouraged and certainly enjoyed, it is not the primary pursuit of any serious life.

If the entire village is trudging through mud and one person reaches the solid ground, for sure they are happy,… now what do they do knowing the rest are still trudging ?

No need to start a new thread.

As mentioned in the original post, what I’m pointing to is not relative to circumstances, but is rather a state of consciousness that transcends thought and sensations. Happiness is not something that is attained only if certain conditions are met, it is the default state of consciousness.

The fact that happiness is so foreign to humanity is because of our deep state of delusion. Our nervous systems are overstimulated/distracted and the digital realm/screen is what is providing a seemingly infinite, instant supply of mind crack.

There needs to be STILLNESS in the equation somewhere, somehow.

@RoyDopson I’m 37 years old and I noticed that 20 years ago people wouldn’t stop listening to non stop fear and well…here we are. Objective thinkers see it and wonder why anyone would want to live that way. Negative energy is contagious but so is positive energy. Happiness is a choice, it’s not always an easy one but one thing I have learned through my own struggles in life, its my choice how I’m going to feel about something. We do live in a supercharged world where people generally don’t get enough time in their own head to process anything. It’s just routines and schedules and whatever their “normal” is. I can’t say I’ve never been miserable but that’s an emotion that is a part of the human condition. How many people take substances to not feel their own feelings?
I guess my point is that people as a whole do whatever is trendy. We just have to do our part to to help bring the light to the darkness. I should rack out for bit. I’m rambling.