do agi tokens have a path to legality in the USA?

From my understanding, it is currently illegal for exchanges in the usa to trade agi tokens. (I assume because the ico wasn’t setup properly per US law?) This seems like a pretty major block to the project picking up more momentum. Are there any plans in the works about a possible way to make agi tokens a legit crypto per usa law?

Hi Max,

I don’t have much time to answer this in full right now, but will circle back and give you a long hand answer in a bit.

In short, the SingularityNET Foundation is a non-profit organisation and our AGI token is a utility token. As such we abide by the regulations on these points and so cannot and do not directly interact with the speculative secondary market.

When we ran the TGE (token generation event) back in Dec 2017 we were required to operate a KYC to ensure that all those that took part had a legal right to do so and ensure we were compliant with international law.

AGI is a utility token and so US users along with everyone else can in fact gain access to our services through our PayPal payment gateway.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Tim,