Super excited to put forth my proposal for deep funding.
Some background about myself: Independant Film Maker here :)
An automated storyteller
A tool for rapid prototyping of film scripts to generate moodboards and previsualization concepts (storyboards, ripomatics, animatics & cinematics)
Customers: Ad Agencies, Brand Consulting/Research companies and video production houses
Ad film making consists of 3 stages:
a. Pre-production (story scripting, referencing, previz, budgetting and focus group testing)
b. Production (shooting on location with film crew)
c. Post-production (video editing, sound design, visual effects, music etc)
Critter primarily focuses on the pre-production stage (except script writing).
- Ad agency writes script for brand
- Artists visualize script into rough storyboards
- Agency creates moodboard(ppt) with real-world visual references and storyboards
- Client reviews moodboard and suggests feedback
- Artists revises storyboard and resends for review
- Post agency & client approval, artists finalize artwork and animation to create a stillomatic/animatic/cinematic
The iterative nature of the visualization and feedback process significantly increases the cost and time of pre-producing the ad. Each time feedback is given, the following costs are incurred
- (Mis)communicating with multiple personnel costs time
- Non-availability of skilled personnel and budgets to execute the job in the given time frame
- 2D/3D animation changes costs time and money
- Final rendering of the visual costs time
- Copy/script writers often fail to produce content that can fit within the time constraints of an advertisement. Hence, a lot of script refining is needed.
PROTOTYPE: Moodboard Generator
General idea for prototype: Text to image/scene generator
The link above contains the product flow and solutions logic document(+ open source code repository) to give a better idea of the implementation.
I am currently compiling a solutions example document with a sample script that showcases the desired output from the prototype. I have also worked on a mock ui to showcase functionality. Will be sharing them here soon.
The ultimate vision is to create a full fledged animated film from just text/script input. I understand the complexity in delivering a such a product hence i ve broken it down into modular components whose logic could be replaced with a new and improved one. The google drive document contains the schema+state variables for the final product as well.
Hoping to hear from the community, domain experts and devs on how we could go about collaborating and deploying it more efficiently.
Comments are really appreciated. Critics especially
Thanks for taking the time