Beyond Futurism--Going back to go forwards?

Where do I sign up? :laughing:

1 Like

Courtesy of @Justjoe

1 Like

“In this way, the process of translating sentences becomes the process of finding similar trajectories through these spaces. The machine never even needs to “know” what the sentences mean.”
I would disagree with aspect, because knowing the origin of the shapes used requires assigning values to concepts related to the purpose of writing. If the reasoning of the values were misinterpreted from the get go, the result would be highly influenced by dogma.

Lost, in the context of our modern world, means, not public. There is information available that is considered Lost, but it is not. It is desired to be lost. Must be aliens !

This is why nobody explains why we went from horses to satellites in 150 years. It is considered a mystery until it’s not. We’ve been here before. Just with different values and techniques.

Some say The I-Ching is as old as 25,000 years. I would say many things are,. try comparing Genesis 18 with I-Ching # 5. In the order of the trecenas starting with #4, Ch. 18 would be #5.
It’s 50 in a row like that.
If the culture of origin is not known or incorrect, the value system and what is being referenced is completely skewed. Things get passed around, and each culture adds it’s flavor.

Most of it is base 20, and even English has 20 consonants. A score. The 20 day cycle. Very very old.

This is the crux of the matter. History has been cut, capped, and controlled. The narrative is worth trillions. The value of maintaining the narrative by government and religion together, is thought to be a moral imperative for keeping the peace. It is also related to bloodline centric control mechanisms and territory.

Compounding this, is secrecy and poverty within the communities that have the old stuff. Elders across the world are distrustful for good reason, protective of their cultures secrets, and frankly see the world as insane and unable to communicate regarding such things. They are correct.

It is a similar experience anywhere now, where compartmentalization of knowledge bases create barriers to cross training. I think it would be fair to say, the people with the most knowledge on the topic, do not even have a computer and even if they did, would regard it as an extremely limited tool.

But, if a person is of a mind to explore and wishes to seek out wisdom keepers in various cultures, it is possible, though time consuming, potentially very expensive, and certainly requires commitment.

Time is fading quickly for ancient knowledge. It is like having a wall where there is one hole big enough to stick your face through, and from there, everything within view can be taken in. And then slowly back away from the hole until it becomes a small dot. The hope is small nuggets will lead to rediscovery. There was no small effort and no expense spared to stomp it out, and that is what will be required to reattain it. Computers can provide knowledge, but Professor Experience does not own one. A good pair of boots, is the proper tool. Pack light.

1 Like

To me deciphering the Voynich code is a waste of time largely, as it’s closer to what one might call a code book rather than an enciphered message in its own right.

It’s used as an index to write other ciphers and hidden messages.

@Tim That catches my interest! Using sound as a power supply. Theoretically limitless source of energy, if one isn’t in a vacuum.

Artificial intelligence: Ancient Japanese Kuzushiji texts being decoded by AI Google machine learning, tech news update Here’s another one :grin: Though I do wish they spoke more on the contents of them.

**Note, I will use this convo thread as a collection for related articles on this subject matter. Feel free to add more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those contents should prove very interesting. I have long held, that Japan is a highly under-rated source of ancient knowledge. The 36 views of Mt Fuji and the additional ten views are highly coded and sequenced in alignment with the same information found in other cultures seen as more associated with ancient calendars. There are sets of 36 in every continent, and the comparison to Hokusai’s images , causes me to place them at #2 in the world in terms of accuracy of the set of 36, and # 1 as done with image only. Nobody else is even close, though some are difficult to understand culturally.
That Hokusai is fairly recent, means they have continued a oral tradition or a line of teaching stretching back thousands of years. Those images are not possible by anyone short of a master.
I have been comparing them for over a decade, and the additional ten are the 20 days of the Maya in pairs. Combining those in glyphs or images, from pairs to single images, is very rare, and displays a clear understanding of precisely the intention of transferring knowledge. A priceless treasure of human knowledge and science in art form.