AI Impact Challenge

I just saw news in the media about a Google sponsored AI Impact Challenge with $25 million in grants to be awarded.

What could be of greater benefit than a conversational digital agent that has been trained on the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Earth Charter?

Creating a public, global interface for this agent, maybe call it TheMind, might help humanity recognize the values expressed in these two documents as supreme law for all of humanity. That’s where everything begins. It is the foundation for everything.

How do you manage conflict of interest between principles?

Please give an example of such conflict.

I do want to know an example of what JustJoe has in mind in asking the question.

To respond in general, yes, there will be conflict over which principles to recognize, and how they will be observed.

That is what the court system is for, to hear evidence, and to decide on specific cases. The digital agent I am suggesting as a project for an AI Impact Challenge will need to be conversant on previous cases which set a precedent on human and environmental rights.

TheMind will also need to be conversant, for example, on methods that have been and can be used to calculate the costs of additional greenhouse gas emissions, as required by Article 7d of the Earth Charter.

Such a conversational digital agent is not a trivial project. It needs to happen anyway, and might help attract positive attention to SingularityNet. It would be most positive if a working model of TheMind went online, even if initially it was mostly demonstration of concept.

If it gets off the ground at all, resources to help develop it further might flow in this direction.

My opinion of a conflict of interest and yours may differ. A question for the people perhaps. Could your census be a plebiscite as well?

Hi John,

I think this is an excellent idea - we are currently trying something similar generic at a dimensionally smaller scale: Creating a generic conversational agent that understands the concepts of data privacy and related citizen rights and responsibilities. This agent is going to be driven by a privacy related ontology (which can be curated and grown over time), a reinforcement GAI model and a conversation agent as the main form of interaction.

As we will be doing this in cooperation with CERN (as an Open Lab Project) it is also destined to be inclusive, open source and community based.

If successful (intended to show results by Q2 2019) this project could serve as a baseline for your visionary idea.

2 Likes

Great, Tom. Is there a link to your project that you can share?

Sounds like an ibbybot clone… :slight_smile:

Mmm the vision thing… Try and be a little bit humble gentlemen. You stand on the shoulders of giants… :slight_smile:

Yes, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants that we have vision.

Eleanor Roosevelt was a giant on whose shoulders the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was created. It was approved in 1948, six years before I was born. I had nothing to do with it.

I had nothing to do with creating the Earth Charter, either. All praise to those who did.

1 Like

Lol – not me, but I am interested in learning more.

1 Like

Is the vision encapsulated in the UN sustainable development goals?

What About? :slight_smile:

Preservation of biodiversity in the formation of a global constituency and the management of liquidization… Maybe?

Tom,
It looks like we are thinking along the same lines.

How about this? The agent is part of a distributed machine intelligence that consists of open source software and data that are stored immutably in blockchains. That is what I understand SingularityNet claims as a mission.

That is the format I would like to use for Jaybay, the digital agent running locally in my own phone. The phone I expect to be using by the end of 2019 will run Jaybay at around five trillion operations per second.

I also expect that by the end of next year there will be hundreds of millions of phones like that in the hands of citizens of planet Earth who live all around the world.

If one million citizens were running distributed machine learning models on their phones, in addition to their own digital agents, we would have combined exascale computing.

It’s all about CTI, Creating Terrestrial Intelligence.

1 Like

Maybe is right.

Article 7d of the Earth Charter says, ‘Internalise the the full environmental and social costs of goods and services in their selling price, and enable consumers to identify products that meet the highest social and environmental standards.’

How would one even start to calculate the costs of adding more greenhouse gases to the atmosphere?

I use and recommend aigents… Ask Anton. :wink:

How do you use aigents, Joe?

One function a social graph can provide is to help verify the identities of the users. Everyone’s place in the graph, relative to adjoining nodes and edges, is unique.

1 Like