Expand the range of Use Cases for Blockchain to provide trust in Networks and decentralized Processes, Actors and Artefacts.
Identify any gaps in the chain of trust, and create or recommend appropriate remedial actions.
Feedback the results of successful actions to other Use Cases.
Benefits may include:
- leveraging the Blockchain architecture, transactional exchanges and programming frameworks so that dApps built are compliant OOTB
- active monitoring of the network health and recover from unexpected failures
- facilitate the deployment of Blockchain in private cloud topologies using mainstream enterprise infrastructures, for wide adoption
- generate and refine standards which guarantee platform interoperability
- integrate with established enterprise platforms (databases etc.).
Example: To trust that goods and services are not counterfeit:
- today’s validation is based on a complex network of brands, merchants and marketplaces which store information on Product authenticity
- the reputation of commercial segments – e.g. luxury goods, pharmaceutical or electronics – is particularly at stake
- trust in third party authorities introduces a logical friction between merchants and consumers
- Blockchain decentralization and security could provide a generic model in which nodes store information to validate the authenticity of specific products throughout their life cycle, including Supply Chain integrity, environmental (disposal and carbon impact) credentials etc.
(With career hindsight, it would have been beneficial to know that a customer’s Business Operating Model would benefit if the Auditor role in certifying Production changes was explicit!).