Improvement of health care system, how AI could help?

Hi, I’m Guther, from Portugal

I am passing through a problem, my owife is in the hospital with an hepatic insufficiency, caused by unknown situations.km

I’m seeing that hospital have problem with medic information about that.

I would like to have a system that allows gather all medical information, exam and occurrence to analyse immediately any situations, with efficiency.

It’s the second time in 7 years that she is in hospital for the same [quote=“GUTHER, post:1, topic:1671, full:true”]
Hi, I’m Guther, from Portugal

I am passing through a problem, my owife is in the hospital with an hepatic insufficiency, caused by unknown situations.km

I’m seeing that hospital have problem with medic information about heritage.

I would like to have a system that allows gather all medical information, exam and occurrence to analyse immediately any situations, with efficiency.

It’s the second time in 7 years that she is in hospital for the same problem.

To me is difficult to create, because I don’t know but I trust that somebody could do it.

I don’t know if this will help my wife know, but I would like to avoid this suffering for others.

Thank you.
[/quote]

problem.

To me is difficult to create, because I don’t know but I trust that somebody could do it.

I don’t know if this will help my wife know, but I would like to avoid this suffering for others.

Thank you.

@Gunther That is a good point about hospitals having instant access to all medical information. I have seen a few start up companies try to gather that information but fail because medical facilities, family practioners and large hospitals are
a) running on different information software for processing patient data
b) data protection laws prevent the sharing of information without your express permission
c) Most medical facilities still rely on written correspondence to inform matients and discourage use of Internet based transfer of medical data because of security issues on that data.
d) There just isn’t money available within public health systems to pay for migration to block chain technology to secure the transfer data securely.

It is time that this changed, but the logistics are difficult, not least of which, that many hospitals are running on out of date computing systems running proprietary software. Many times they have disconnected from the world wide Web on those systems to prevent hacking.

I would think that this particular problem will be some time before it is solved. :pensive:

2 Likes

Yes those are the main problem, but I’ll try to simplify something to help people, even if it’s not a system based in AI at start.
But it’s needed.

1 Like