Grid computing?

I’m sorry about the profanity in my previous feedback post, I typed in asterisks in place of some of the letters of the profane word, but I won’t do that again even with asterisks, sorry about that. Please incorporate grid computing into the SingularityNET as soon as possible. I really hope the SingularityNET team is already working on that and taking it seriously. I thought I heard Dr. Ben Goertzel say in a YouTube video that you’ll be able to run SingularityNET software on your smart phone to contribute your smart phone’s CPU and GPU power to the SingularityNET, he said something about doing so while your phone is charging at night or something along those lines. Can somebody at the SingularityNET team please tell me if and when the masses will be able to contribute their processing power to the SingularityNET? I would really like to know so that I can sleep a little better at night. Artificial Intelligence exceeding the level of the human brain in all aspects and taking over the world in a positive way is incredibly important to me. There are way too many people in the world suffering right now, also about 55,000,000 people die each year. Every year that we can bring Artificial Super Intelligence closer to the present makes a HUGE difference and probably saves maybe 50,000,000 lives and a whole year of many humans suffering. I truly believe that we have a moral obligation to advance this technology as fast as possible. And me personally, I currently have 7 grandparents that are still alive and some of them are in poor health and they may or may not make it to the Longevity Escape Velocity, I really really want them to, the sooner that the SingularityNET creates an Artificial Super Intelligence the more likely that my grandparents will make it. I really want to contribute my smart phone and my Xbox One X’s CPUs and GPUs to the SingularityNET global brain, and I will also ask my friends and family to do so as well. I’m just really concerned that the SingularityNET won’t advance fast enough without the ability for the masses to contribute their GigaFLOPS, TeraFLOPS, and soon PetaFLOPS of computing power. Think of it this way, it is expected that around 2023 a $1,000 U.S.D. desktop computer will be at the speed of the human brain (10 PetaFLOPS), if only one million people in 2023 contributed that much computing power to the SingularityNET, that would be an insane 10 ZettaFLOPS. Imagine what kind of self-improving Artificial Intelligence algorithms the SingularityNET could run with ten sextillion floating point operations per second! Dear Dr. Ben Goertzel, please enable iOS, Mac OS, Windows, Android, PlayStation, Xbox, and other types of devices to contribute computational resources to the global brain, thank you very much.

2 Likes

No worries,

Offloading computational power is the way the world is going, virtualization and decentralization of hardware is critical to technological advance milestones such as IOT, robotics and automation on the whole.

SingularityNET has partnered with DeepBrain Chain for example where AI can in effect be trained in such environments.

https://blog.singularitynet.io/singularitynet-partners-with-deepbrain-chain-to-towards-an-open-and-democratic-ai-future-49db584f62ad

You might want to check out our other partnerships too here

https://blog.singularitynet.io/partners/home