DEEP Funding brainstorming

I would like to see SNet move away from selling things to people personally. Yes provide things people want for a token cost. But I would not like to see this doing even more of what is already happening >> promoting consumerism by targeting people patterns it can find in data.

Hey Brett,
Thanks for your reaction! That is a very valid remark!! I agree that promoting consumerism is not at all desirable. still, I do see 3 benefits:

1. Making the current mechanisms les ‘bad’ and more people-focused. Imagine the tool recommending sustainable alternatives for regular products. Actually: this could even be a better, more narrow application in itself, hence marked in bold.
  2. Simply getting traction for SNET by turning current mainstream applications decentralized.
  3. Giving smaller retailers a fighting chance against the Amazons and Alibabas of this world.

I guess there are many details that determine whether such a tool will be truly beneficial or indeed just a slightly less bad or indeed even worse alternative for the current tools. Would be very interesting to brainstorm on how we can actually make this into a good thing. this could be a phased approach where we start closer to the current offerings, and move it in a more beneficial direction step by step.

I agree with you that we want more mainstream applications to become decentralized. Making people’s data anonymous, but still available for analysis, I agree although it would be nice to at least be able to specify for what purpose my data could be used. My issue is really just with the sales side. I would think there are other applications where those two ideas can be applied. Medical often pops up when I have heard others’ conversations at this point, and I think probably rightly so.

I really like the anime character idea :smile: sounds fun.

Streaming voice to text also sounds like a great and narrow AI project.

@Brett_Whiting I agree. What Ben is talking a lot about, also together with Charles is to construct a kind of reputation machine that will filter out noise from Social media, such as unfounded claims or outright lies and insults. The first challenge however, is to get the existing social media networks embrace this, or create a new one that should then first get enough traction.
So basically this idea is a shortcut by trying to add a similar process on public data (including social network messages, if possible/crawlable). Of course that makes the whole process much harder and probably less reliable, so it is not a substitution. But who knows, what kind of clever things we may come up with!

Hi Juan,

This idea is brilliant and, in fact, I have had similar ideas in the past too. I even work for a small start-up in Thailand that has this as a main goal. That is to provide a platform that allows farmers to form a non-zero sum game where the data they provide helps create the next best deep learning model to identify diseases on leaves, pests or even just the general health of the crops.

My startup is moving towards robotics and we want to eventually build guardians that scout the farms and tend to the problems. Combined with satellite and drone data this is a revolution that could help feed the world. Decentralising this on singularityNet is the most utopian way of achieving these goals!!

I would be happy to talk to you about this.

Ethan Connelly.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that there are people already working in this kind of things.

With my limited knowledge, I think Singularity net would be a good platform to integrate different services that belong to the agricultural ecosystem and make them interact with each other, right like in nature everything is part of a complex system and each part help balance the others.

For instance different services (even from different start ups or developers) like disease diganose and drone surveillance can be combined with another water management app and even analyze data on how temperature is affecting the whole.

I would love to discuss this with you and with whoever in the community is interested so I started a new topic in the projects section. See you there!

2 Likes

DOTA on SNet is a cool idea…

In a similar vein, in the OpenCog Hyperon proto-AGI project we are experimenting w. Hyperon for carrying out various missions in Minecraft. Part of the goal there is collective intelligence among multiple gameplayers. It would be cool to make multiple Minecraft gameplayers wrapped in separate SNet agents, playing the same game cooperatively/competitively…

I never played DOTA, I wonder if it supports multiple cooperating / competing players in complex alliances?

A friend advocated Advanced Tactics Gold as a testing-ground for early-stage AGIs but I never played that game either, I have been deficient in game-playing since my first batch of kids grew up…

This makes a lot of sense but it would be ideal to break it up into a bunch of sub-suggestions. Actually OpenCog would be an ideal framework for merging together data from different agriculture services. But making a nice API-based deployment of each individual agriculture service is a decent-sized project in itself I think. (As often, the real work is not in putting the service on Snet, the work is in making a service that’s cleanly API-based so it can get wrapped in Snet) … Do you have any specific ideas about what software would be used for the individual agricultural services you’re thinking of?

SingularityNET Foundation and Arizona State University and Leshan Agricultural institute (in Szechuan) have been talking about similar stuff for a while, e.g. related to automatic diagnosis of crop disease, and estimation of degree of natural carbon sequestration in farms and forests etc. But progress has not been super fast so far, it would be great to see stuff accelerate in this area.

1 Like

@Ethan_Connelly this sounds very promising, perhaps you can contact Dr. Matt Ikle’ (matt@singularitynet.io) who coordinates SNet Foundation’s agricultural-AI projects to discuss…

2 Likes

We are actually taking a first step toward this now with a Fake News Detection browser plugin for Brave browser, which is being done as part of an alpha version for NuNet.io … Kabir Veitas (kabir@singularitynet.io) is leading this effort … the software dev is being led by Dagim Sisay in our Ethiopia office… but you have a bunch of other good ideas here that could build on the initial app Kabir and Dagim etc. are working on…

2 Likes

Neuralink gets a lot of press attention but I am not currently convinced they are actually at the leading edge of BCI technology. Also they are not very open in their development. I think it might be more workable to make partnerships with some top academic BCI labs, some of which were ahead of Neuralink in many ways when I last checked… Would be great to hear w/ someone active in the BCI community about which academic labs would be ideal for collaboration. What we would really like would be a lab interested in sharing anonymized data in an open way which could then be analyzed using AI tools running on sNet … that might be the place to start… followed afterwards with real-time interaction btw AI agents and BCI devices… Def. a super important area.

I mean, if you think Big Tech controlled social media are bad, wait till you get ahold of Big Tech controlled BCI. This is your brain on AdSense ;-o … We had best get decentralized infotech fully working and widely deployed before large-scale commercial BCI rolls out or it’s going to be a really f**ked up Singularity…

2 Likes

Deep NNs for audio are definitely moving in this direction. Our top-secret simulated Ben Goertzel voice bot is getting better each month and will be inflicted on the world fairly soon 8D … At the moment the best speech models of this nature are big-ass NNs and expensive to run, but I’m sure they are distillable. We have also been looking at ways to make NN generated speech more emotionally expressive, for use in the Awakening Health eldercare robot project.

If any third party devs out there have some cool new tech in these direction, it would be awesome to see them put on the SNet platform and this would certainly be a prime target for DEEP Funding…

1 Like

Hi Ben,
I work with ERP implementations of Oracle Netsuite. We strive to digitalize how corporations work and enable data driven management. Major issues we see today are (i) business process are performed in a very manual way, leading to cost inefficiencies, time delays (on deadlines) and human errors (corrupting the data). (ii) Important business decisions are (due to this) made on bad or even absent data/fact basis. I think the next SAP, Oracle, Dynamics(Microsoft), Netsuite will be in crypto. I also think AI will play an important part in taking ERP (business systems) to the next level. I think developing a solution to integrate with ERP systems and provide AI based business intelligence would be a great way of adapting/introducing both AI and crypto technology to this market.
And once you are integrated with ERP systems I think the possibilities would be endless. I think all business data and process eventually will be automates and analyzed by AI, and I hope to see SingularityNet play a part here:)

This is a good direction for thinking – it would be cool if community members w/ some AI experience could take a careful look at all these AI offerings and think about which might suit SNet best in near term…

Create a SNet AI Which Can Advise People Who Want To Make Use Of AI About Currently Available Options

Since I am not getting many responses from my other posts, maybe this idea will help me work out a sensible way forward for my own various AI-related and interconnected projects - and it seems to me like it would be a good thing for SNet to have anyway? - sort of like an AI enhanced chatbot? (which is one of the things I need for my Avatar Phi Rho).

1 Like

Continuing my thought - maybe create Avatar @bengoertzel so his wisdom becomes more available here?

@bengoertzel Is anyone at SNet currently working on the universal AI representations or on developing working memory that SNet AI can utilize?

2 Likes

Have you seen Replika? I’m playing with the beta version. I haven’t done a dive into the development yet. I’ve only interacted with it just to see how it responds. It seems as though they’re trying to teach it a wide variety of emotions.

Have you seen this? I can see this going somewhere if it gets enough attention.

Add this to the real world geographic digital cache effort. EOS has a neat game that has assigned titles to geographic locations to block chain.

Please don’t mind my squirrel brain but I keep seeing how SingulairAGI ADA could be the catalyst to bring great ideas together and benefit everyone.

Given the proof of testing requirements to be considered legitimate, I can see bad actors either changing their toxic behavior to remain a part of the global community or they’ll be left out.